A call for decentralized action from TrueSnow.org
Editor’s note: This came in over the email system with a request to post for all the world. This is from the second affinity group to form and start their basecamp. They are calling themselves wage slave.
Take to the forest. Set up shop and start your plans. It has never felt so good to take your own power back. They can’t stop you from camping in the woods – it is not illegal. Set up your basecamp now. Become what your heart desires. All walks of life in Flagstaff look to the mountain for all kinds of relief. From the most necessary medicines to a playful romp in the snow, she gives it all. It is time we give back. The earth cannot handle the strain we are placing on her and further artificial means will only hasten her demise. Help stop the madness now.
We hear you grumbling in offices, restaurants and coffee shops about how much like Mr. Burns (the Simpsons tv show) Eric Borosky is and how much you would like to tear down the ski area. And we know you are not anarchists or dirty punks or some overheated kiddies. You are just a normal old lady in her mid 50’s or 60’s who grew up with the mountain. You are a 30 year old mother of two who’s children are not guinea pigs. You are a medicine man who relies on the mountain to keep his family and community healthy. You are the 23 year old dude who just does not want a mouth full of toilet water every time he faceplants while snowboarding. You are the Snowbowl employee that realizes you will be forced to WORK IN POOPWATER EVERY DAY, and that is a risk nobody should have to take.
Organize now, before it is too late and we all have to live with the decisions of one greedy business owner who thought he could play god. If the mountain really is a sacred place worth defending, that time is right now!!!
Start an anonymous twitter page and start tweeting with the hashtag #nopoopsnow and we can start to talk to each other. Besides truesnow.org you can go to http://hashtags.org/nopoopsnow to see this hash’s feed. You can also make more hashes and use hashtags.org to aggregate them on the fly and see how it all works.
Decentralize…mobilize…take your power back!
Operation: Become the Media
Hello all you hard working supporters of sacred sites. We are quickly moving towards the critical mass of people prepared to move this to a full fledged sit-in. Eleven basecamps set and at least 15 more who have announced they have started travel, and growing. The CookShack affinity group has made a public call for joiners, and will be taking a public role. Here are the problems we are running into, especially here in Flagstaff. The destruction is not real or everyone is in some stage of denial. Petitions will not save us. The superhuman lawyer Howard Shanker has been neutralized. The coalition court case is now the perfect smokescreen for the Destruction. People sit thinking that a legal decision some time in September will stop destruction ALREADY HAPPENING. So join Operation: Become the Media today:
1. Go to the peaks immediately and start filming the destruction. Post it on YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook.
2. Everyone post the links for other to spread the word. Tweet them with #nopoopsnow on #sacredsites
3. Spread the word on Facebook by tagging your friends. This link will take you to Facebook Event with a note to help you get started tagging right away.
4. Become the media. Don’t wait for Randy Wilson to mangle the story. Write the story. Give it to your friends. Who are they going to believe? You and your eyewitness reports or a half-spun version in a newspaper funded partly with Snowbowl money?
5. Help people snap out of it. I know, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, 20% house foreclosure rate, nearly 25% of the country out of work, massive fires from a century of forest abuse, war in the east, war in the west, etc. Yep It’s all connected. But it feels really good right now to know that there is one place we can take a stand. We can make a difference. And it is right here, It’s the Peaks. It’s a start!
6. Spread the word! Petitions were used as toilet paper. Letters were thrown away. The lawsuits have become a smokescreen for the greedy to do their destruction. The destruction is real and it is time to interrupt our normally scheduled lives and converge on the peaks!
Grab your camera, grab a friend, go right up on your public lands and film it and let the world know! It’s up to you now. Do not go alone, and if Arizona Snowbowl harasses you, call the police on them. You have the right to be there, it is your land! And film that too 🙂
Opertion: CookShack — Public Convergence Space
Dear friends, family, neighbors, and allies,
The time is now! We are the people we’ve been hoping for! Join us in support of protecting the Holy San Francisco Peaks from further desecration and destruction.
A group of us, calling ourselves the Cook Shack, is starting a base camp in support of the current encampment and convergence on the Holy San Francisco Peaks on Friday, July 15th. We are an affinity based group who believe that the destruction and desecration must end now for the physical, emotional, and spiritual dignity, health and well-being of all people in the present and in future generations.
CookShack goals are very simple:
To be visibly and actively in resistance to corporate greed, state violence, environmental destruction, and spiritual desecration.
To not allow ourselves or others to look away – To bare witness to the atrocities being committed against the environment, indigenous people and community health, as well as bare witness to the resilience and power of the people!
To support other encampments and affinity groups by providing access to available food, gear, first aid, information and other supplies being offered and dropped off by supporters and community members. We will be transporting donations from drop places in Flagstaff to the CookShack base camp.
To answer the calls to action to STOP CONSTRUCTION AND DESECRATION and to stand with people past and present fighting to protect the peaks and all sacred places.
Join us for a few hours, a day, a week or a month: If you find yourself in affinity with us and would like to join us or support us and other base camps, please stop by Taala Hooghan Infoshop (1704 N. 2nd St. East Flagstaff AZ 86004) or e-mail us at PTPcookshack@gmail.com to drop off supplies and/or get more info. Connect with us before Friday morning and go with us to the mountain to set-up camp!!!
We remind folks that this is a drug/alcohol/hater free encampment, and we support a diversity of tactics and strategies. Please come as self sufficient as possible.
We encourage everyone to answer the calls to action and start their own affinity groups and their own base camps!!! Please visit http://www.truesnow.org for the latest info.
We need the following… please remember we’re camping when making your donations!
To be able to survive:
- – non-perishable foods (canned and dry foods are great!)
- – lots of potable water in reusable/refillable containers
- (Please DO NOT bring small plastic bottles)
To be able to camp:
- -sleeping bags
- -rain gear
- -ammo cans with securely fitting lids
- -camp chairs
- -flash lights
To be able to cook:
- -big pots
- -propane stoves
- -propane tanks
- -disinfecting cleaning supplies (please nothing including triclosan)
- -coffee pots
- -tubs to wash dishes and other dish washing supplies
To be able to document and communicate:
- -still and video cameras
- -People with stills and video cameras
- -solar charging stations
To be able to support each other:
- -First Aid supplies
- -Medics with Skills
- -support vehicle on the mountain
- -support vehicles on call who can transport supplies and people
- -banners to be visible!!!!
If you think of something else that isn’t on this list that we or other base camps might need, please don’t hesitate to donate.
We thank you for all your love, support and spirit!
The CookShack Base Camp
- E-mail us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter – @ptpcookshack
- Friend us on Facebook – Peaks CookShack